Through a collaboration between Fear Free and the Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training & Behavior (KPA), this course provides veterinary care teams with practical, easy-to-implement protocols that will transform the experience of the dogs and cats in your care. KPA's efficient, science-based training techniques will empower veterinary professionals to create enjoyable visits for pets, their owners, and your team.
As part of this collaboration, KPA is proud to give Fear Free certified professionals and friends of Fear Free $50 off the course price! To redeem this offer, use promo code FEARFREE when registering.
Better Veterinary Visits is RACE approved for 12 hours of CE.
• How clicker training can help in veterinary care
• How to help animals form and maintain a positive association with your vet clinic, common veterinary tools and equipment
• To practice gentle techniques for handling, examining, picking up, and restraining animals in ways that minimize their stress
• Step-by-step training protocols for common procedures such as nail trims and tooth brushing, as well as diagnostic procedures such as venipunctures and temperature taking
• How to advise clients about teaching useful husbandry behaviors
• To observe the emotional state of dogs and cats by interpreting their body language
• To teach new behaviors to help ensure animals’ success during a variety of medical procedures
• Quick solutions to manage behavior “on the fly,” for time-sensitive exams and procedures
• To teach animals to tolerate ear, eye, and oral medications calmly
• How to safely and comfortably transport and confine animals when needed, in a way that minimizes their stress
• To identify and describe impact of key developmental periods on behavioral health
• To guide clients toward effective training strategies
• To help clients navigate solutions for behavior concerns
• How to apply positive reinforcement training in your daily life