Watch this presentation to broaden your knowledge of degenerative joint disease.
Few conditions strike dogs and cats with the prevalence, morbidity, and even mortality, of degenerative joint disease, and its most common form, osteoarthritis. The 2015 AAHA/AAFP Pain Management Task Force reviewed available literature to produce guidelines based on best evidence and representing a consensus of expert opinion. This session will discuss fundamental principles as well as highest, best and wisest use of specific modalities.
After watching this Web conference, you’ll learn…
- Basic principles in canine, feline OA management
- Validated scoring systems
- Which modalities for the treatment of osteoarthritis are at the top of the evidence-based pyramid
- The critical role of non-pharmacologic modalities
- Role and safest use of NSAID
- Evidence or lack re: other medications in the long-term management of osteoarthritis in dogs and cats
- New and emerging modalities for the management of OA in dogs and cats
For more information on OA, check out the Re-Thinking Osteoarthritis Podcast Series, also featuring Dr. Epstein.The series of four episodes addresses clinical applications within various aspects of OA pathophysiology and management.
Created and produced by VetFolio with educational funding provided by Elanco.